The Marketing Manager plays a key role for the growing and ever-evolving CL Tel companies and subsidiaries. As part of the CL Tel management team, the Marketing Manager devises strategies on how to retain market leadership in each of our competitive sales arenas. In coordination with other key stakeholders, the Marketing Manager defines CL Tel’s brand and ensures its execution through all customer-facing materials. The Marketing Manager also develops and coordinates marketing programs, campaigns and policies to increase sales, revenue, and brand awareness of CL Tel and subsidiaries. Additionally, the Marketing Manager conducts appraisals of pricing, market penetration, marketing campaigns and customer retention programs and recommends training materials and processes for all front-line staff. The Marketing Manager maintains current knowledge of all marketing platforms, trends and their utilization for promotion of all company services and products. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the strategic direction of our organization.
- Gathers and analyzes information to identify new markets and customers, demand for products and services, and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Conducts market research, sales forecasting, and strategic planning to assess and ensure the sale and profitability of products.
- Conducts pricing research and analysis to ensure competitive product and service pricing.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the market; identifies needs for new products and services and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Analyzes and evaluates financial aspects of product development.
- Collaborates in the development of new products.
- Composes, develops, evaluates, and conducts training on marketing activities, strategies, and policies.
- Collaborates, participates in, and coordinates promotional activities or trade shows.
- Negotiates contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy.
- Helps create a public relations strategy.
- Takes an active role representing CL Tel in high profile community events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Ability to help create a business plan for a potential new service or product.
- Thorough understanding of principles and methods used to promote, display, and sell products and services.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Working knowledge of relevant marketing, graphics, and analytics software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in a related field
- Prolonged periods of sitting t a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Reports to the Vice President